No Pay? No Way! The Next Steps
“Management value budget savings over patient safety and staff welfare”
This is what members are saying whether they work in the largest of our public hospitals or the smallest. It’s a message we can’t ignore and it’s up to us to fight back.
We still have a lot of work to do to make sure members know that it’s okay to say “No” to unpaid work or doing the work of absent colleagues. Help us fight to reverse the trend of larger workloads, more unpaid work and growing numbers of stress related injuries.
Here are 5 things you can do right now in the next step of our “No Pay? No Way!” campaign:
- Talk to your colleagues about workloads and saying “No” to unpaid work. Remember: You can’t be forced to perform unpaid work and your refusal is a lawful action for which you cannot be disciplined or punished.
- Sign up for our Workplace Kits and help spread the word about our campaign in your workplace.
- Let us know when you’re doing unpaid work. Click here and report it.*
- Help us identify breaches in your workplace. By helping us to identify breaches of our Agreement, you are enabling the Union to take action on those breaches and enforcing our Agreement. Click here and report breaches.*
- Ask your colleagues to join the Union. Together we are stronger to fight back against increasing unpaid work and growing workloads.
* To report your unpaid work and breaches of our Agreement you will need to register for the website.